Thursday, December 31, 2009

Roth Ira Annuity Can I Move My Variable Annuities Into My Roth IRA? Should I?

Can I move my variable annuities into my Roth IRA? Should I? - roth ira annuity

I have two funds from past practices. One is TIAA-CREF, and $ 10,000. The other side is the cup, and is valued at $ 2500

I am 33 years old and wears a Vanguard Roth IRA.

Is it possible to transfer the pension funds in the IRA? If so, it is desirable and what are the tax implications?

If not, it's something I have to do with hiring and stick to it? The companies lower service charges, but now I know that pensions are not the best investment for someone my age.

1 comment:

davidost... said...

If the VA is in a qualified plan and transition to a traditional IRA if you can do without shipping (~ 6 years). The movement of money for a qualified Roth IRA is a taxable event. You can move the parts over several years, if not as big tax bite, in a year. You can move in a year if their income fell.

Compare the returns of the VA for the benchmark. If you have less than 1.5% in the last 10 years, you may be better left alone.

Post a Comment